Saturday 10 December 2011

Girona






























I had a couple of fantastic days in Girona. The weather was good, sunny and warm enough to sit outside over tapas and coffee. The city is full of narrow winding roads that just ask to be explored. I managed to cover a fair amount of ground during our two free days. I visited the cathedral, walked around the centre of town, did some Christmas shopping and bought a pair of boots! I didn't manage to walk the city walls - next time maybe. The theatre has a beautiful painted roof and a traditional horseshoe shaped auditorium with red seats and gilt plasterwork. I called the show from the auditorium as there was no prompt desk. It is on a high note, with the sound of applause as the boys came back again and again to bow, that we head back to London to start rehearsing The Winter's Tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment